2/14/11

threats to the seated self

A quote by Why? from the last verse on Apt. A Pt. 1 on cLOUDDEAD's nebulous self-titled album.

Why?  Because that verse captures my personhood:

                     "i fall asleep hoping tomorrow tastes like poems and honeysuckle.
                      i move slow 'cause the sky looks bluer when you fuck the order of the day
                      or the way the shelves were meant to fit."

Actually, I have always related to most of Yoni Wolf's lyrical content.  He manages to express, in very poetic terms, the minutia of a human existence.  When I listen to what he says it normally describes things that I feel to a tee.  The song 'Rubber Traits' for example.  He is sort of like that good friend you have who is utterly naked about his own faults and is comfortable exposing them to you for exploratory purposes.

                                                 *****      ******      *****


Threats to the seated self:  ruminations on existence.

This is my way of having an organized sort of diary to keep track of my thoughts and having it available to the public while maintaining a level of anonymity.  

I will try to be selective and provide original tidbits and insight into whatever is relevant.

I will also try to include at least one film review/recommendation per week (or just when I feel like it).

I certainly invite comments and feedback, criticisms and questions.

I think that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment